Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface and use MMC card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflecto

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a project which requires the data to be stored from microcontroller SPI interface into MMC card, I have read a lot of documents about MMC card but yet unable to understand how to interface and use MMC card? what and how to write commands to use MMC card?
any help will be appreaciated.
Umer

how to use MMC card

hmmm... i think there are some sites out there that teaches you how. basically you first need to get comfortable with SPI. are you planning to use a file system to store data on the mmc (i.e. you want your data to be readable in Microsoft Windows)? if yes, then you will also need to understand the FAT32 file system. but i guess you just want to be able to write some few bytes on the MMC first. if you are using PIC MCU, the mikroBasic compiler from mikroelectronika.com has built-in functions.

Re: how to use MMC card

Look at datasheet of microcontroller with Multimedia Card Interface(ie: ARM from AVR: AT91SAM7A3). There are some examples on their www also.
Hope it's help.
Regards.

I think that you should read the specification of MMC interface, and then the datasheet of MMC chip. It is key to simulate the sequencer of MMC.

first of all you take datasheet of MMC card from Sandisk. where you find all technical detail of MMC Card

and then you will find a sample code from net verry easily just like this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back