Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to interface a microcontroller to gsm modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

meeeero

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everybody
please can anyone tell me how to interface a micro controller "iam using ARM LPC2119" to a gsm modem directly "without any terminal program "
i need to connect the micro to the modem directly and make the micro sends AT COMMAND to the modem to send sms " i know all commands"
all what i need is the hardware description " will i need max232 or please tell me the full hardware details"

then using c language i will write instructions to the micro to make it send AT commands to the modem hence the modem will send sms " i know the commands but i don't know how to let the micro talk to the modem" .

iam a student doing my final project and i don't have enough time please help me
:cry:

Hi,
You can use an UART of any microcon like for example : Microchip Pic 18FXXXX to connect directly to any GSM modem,write the code in C and program as per the manufacturer so that you can send AT+ commands to the modem.
For any further queries pls mail me at smahmed_blr@rediffmail.com

pls, pls, pls, Can anyone help me. I am a degree student of Electrical engineering working on a GSM project. I am to send SMS from a PIC 16F877 to a Siemens phone C55. But i need to test the expected AT commands using PC. Whenever i connect this phone to the PC using a max 232 cable i made and open hyperterminal, either it goes off or it displays Network search till i disconnect the cable. Pls i need quick help.

connect ur phone with hyperterminal using datacble if it is serial connectivity
select proper baud rate
ie 9600
then when redy type AT
ok must be the response

then how can i connect it to a PIC controller so that i can be alarm by it when it trigger????
for example i'm connecting it with my door access sytem combine with 4x3 keypad...
then if someone trigger the wrong access number,it will send to me an sms through the modem made from a gsm mobilephone...

your keypad will be interfaced with ur controller and your controller will detect the wrong entry
if the entry is wrong ur controller will send AT commands to your mobile phone through serial cable and your phone will sms u
thts it

Dear all,

I making one project which will send SMS if any sensor is triggered & Switch some device on/off if I send SMS to the MODEM. I am using Wavecom FASTRACK SUPREME 10,WM22221 Modem with ATMEGA 32 AVR micro controller. Now I am facing the problem while making Hardware. I doudts are,
1. Do I need any RS232 Converter in between Modem & Microcontroller?
2. What should be the connection diagram for Microcontroller to MODEM?
3. What is the pin Assignment for the output data pin of the said MODEM?

I am totally confused.Please help me if you have any Idea. Any help will be appriciated.

Regards

MUSHFIQUE

Now I can Send AT Commands from MCU to PC Hyperterminal. MCU & MODEM Does not respond

Connect your microcontroller to MAX232 and from MAX232 using a RS232 connect it to the GSm modem ..

it should work out this way

I have also the same problem regarding GSM/GPRS module interfaced with a microcontroller...

Can it be made standalone..? Which does not require the use of PC, and the module itself utilizes a large LCD...

I am planning to make an LCD bulletin using GSM/GPRS in which announcements can be displayed by sending messages to the module and be displayed in the LCD screen...

can you quote on this..?

Thanks in advance and God bless to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.