Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to install magma4.0 under rh9.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxboy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to install magma4.0 under rh9.0?

just tar xvfz your installation file

then copy the license file to the ./common/license direcotry

note: your license file must be *.lic

It can run ok under rh9? not need rh7.3

Hi I installed Magma 4.0 and it works well under RH 9.0. Try re-installing again...

Hi,
I didnt do anything special..just followed the normal installation procedure...did gunzip and untar the file and like Atrenta's spyglass, Magma also untar's all the platform binaries and then goto linux_* directory and invoke the blast* file....set ur license file using setnenv LM_LICENSE_FILE <your lic path > ...when u invoke any magma;s products, it cross links to mantle and will invoke automatically...

i did the same thing,
but message just showed
segmentation fault

fortunately, I succeeded with 7.3 soon later

me too!
Hopelessly "segmentation fault" both on rhel AS 3.0 and Sun Java Desktop System 1.

Someone said recompile glibc of linux, but it difficult for our. and RH9.0 may have two version, one use small thread. The rh9.0 different with rh 7.2 is that they thread work is different. rh7.2 use small thread , rh 9.0 i forget.

hey dude.. the best thing that u can do is to install RHEL 3, enterprise edition. the kernel is stable and supports almost all EDA tools. Its a bit expensive somethin like 2k, but u wud get it for free if u purchase new PC or laptop. I got RHEL 3, wh my new laptop. Its smooth and wonderful and supports almost all eda tools.

with regards,

arunragavan said:
hey dude.. the best thing that u can do is to install RHEL 3, enterprise edition. the kernel is stable and supports almost all EDA tools. Its a bit expensive somethin like 2k, but u wud get it for free if u purchase new PC or laptop. I got RHEL 3, wh my new laptop. Its smooth and wonderful and supports almost all eda tools.

with regards,

Hi, buddy

As I had said previously. I had tried on this platform and what I had got was "segmentation fault".

Status
Not open for further replies.