Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase SNDR in FLASH ADC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshankar501

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing flash adc and I am getting a signal energy of around 63 dB for some input frequency and for some amplitude but I am getting a distortion of 45 dB and noise of around 40 dB which reduces from SNDR of the ADC. How do I reduce the distortion energy and noise energy? I am using hanning window, computing the fft, and from that I am finding the signal energy, distortion energy and noise energy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Added after 2 minutes:

My sampling freq is 1GHz. input freq is 50.5 Mhz for this case and my amp is full peak to peak....

Can you post the FFT figure, so that we can help ?

Regards,

you means design a Flash ADC IC or use stand alone ADC ?

maybe you can check your ASIC clock , clock jitter will reduce SNDR ..

I'm assuming that you're testing a real ADC. If you're still simulating it some of the questions below are not applicable:
-What is the resolution of the ADC?
-What is the number of points in the FFT? You should use something above 2^14... I would advise 2^16.
-Is the yy-axis the signal power in dB ? If yes, how come there are negative values ? If not, please post it.
-The even-order harmonics are significant: the input of your ADC is differential or single-ended? If it is differential how are you generating it?
-Are you using any filter on the input signal ? Or putting it in a different way, how do you guarantee that the input signal is good enough in terms of noise and distortion?
-Are you also computing INL/DNL ? If yes, please post it.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back