Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to increase Microblaze op freq ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix39

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all
i am using Spartan-6 (XC6SLX45TFGG484-3) and choosing the SP605 board or going for a custom board, having an input Ref Frequency of 200MHz, the available highest freq of operation is 83.33MHz for Microblaze. My custom IPs are running on another clock of 48MHz. How can i reconfigure the Clock Generator to increase the freq...OR is there any other method to speed up my design....on Net i have seen people saying that it can go upto 166MHz,
Is this speed device and other peripherals dependent ??
i am using PCIe, DDR3 Core and some other custom IP cores.

regards
Matrix

I doubt it will do 166MHz in a Spartan 6. In one of the other Xilinx FPGA families maybe.

Have can try to use a speed -2 FPGA. It will boost your frequency clock a bit, but I do not think it is enough to double your clock.

It does not need to be doubled exactly, it could be beneficial if i could be able to operate it at 100 or 120 MHz....i have tried it for a costom design also the wizard does not allow more than 83MHz...where as the following link says it could conditionally operate ate more than 100MHz..
https://www.xilinx.com/tools/feature/csi/microblaze.htm?height=700&width=600
so i want to know what are the limitations which restrict a higher freq operation..
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back