Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve VCO phase noise performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrkhari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys:

The phase noise of the designed pMOS based LC-VCO, 4-3GHz of tunability, was indicated to be -126dBc/Hz at 1MHz of offset frequency, when I integrated an open drain buffer the phase noise degraded to about -67dBc/Hz. When it is indicated on the phase noise of a VCO in many journals , it is around -112dBc/Hz, does this value correponds to the phase noise of an integrated buffer or standalone phase noise of the VCO?. How do I improve my phase noise performance of the integrated VCO and buffer?.Thanks in advance

Rgds

VCO Phase Noise

Why don't you use emitter follower to buffer your signal?? Or if you tech. is proper source follower ???
Generally we use either emitter follower or Cherry-Hooper limiting amplifier to buffer the VCO signals and in measurements we obtain -141dBm/Hz @ 4.6MHz..

Think that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back