Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve settling

Status
Not open for further replies.

iexplorer

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to improve settling time

I am now designing a ADC with a front end SHA, but my opamp 's GBW is really limited , especially in case of unit gain , my SHA structure is one capacitor sharing sampling and holding , so there is a huge settling time,anyway to improve the opamp settling ? Thanks

could you please provide the details on the architecture of your OPAMP ?

full diff,two stage ,have a miller cap. 90db,130MHz when load 1.5pf

improve setting setting time(decreasing setting period) by maintaing the circuit in the critical rather than in either underdamping or overdamping.
for that we need to insert resistance and capacitance compensatin with increasing Resistance value and decresing the capacitance

so that we improve the setting time of opamp design

try to use gainboost single stage, because your two-stage contains 2 dominant pole with decrease the gain with frequency so quickly that lag your GBW.

large bandwidth, appropriate phase margin and avoid pole-zero doublet

Status
Not open for further replies.