Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve LDO high frequency PSRR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinwang

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ldo psrr

hi all,
How to improve the high frequency PSRR of LDO with a fixed output capacitor?
two conditions:
large output capacitor: uF
small output capacitor: nF or pF

Thank you all!

high psrr ldo

A description of acrchitecture that you are using, or a schematic and the results that you currently get would be useful

psrr ldo

The schematic and the psrr is shown as follows. The load capacitor is 10-100pF and the load current is up to 20mA.

how to improve psrr

This is the psrr plot. How can i improve the psrr at high frequency? If i want to get more than 40dB psrr at 1MHz, are there any good methods?

Thank you!

high psr ldo

If your loading is 100pF, is that still stable?

high frequency psrr

yes, the stb analysis shows that it has enough phase margin and gain margin.

psrr of ldo

What is the psrr nature of the bias current? If that is fine, the best charaterisitic possible is to delay the rolloff until the second pole...

ldo psrr

Could you explain more clearly? Are there any special structure can be added to improve the high frequency psrr?

thank you!

improve psrr

Hi,

The PSRR curve can be broken into 3 regions:
Region 1 - 0 to 200Hz
Region 2 - 200Hz to 100KHz
Region 3 - above 100KHz

For high PSRR in Region 1, improve your Bandgap PSRR to be above 60dB at DC.
In this Region, the Open-loop gain of the Error Amplifier must be large of at least 70dB till a frequency of 10KHz.

For region 2, only the open-loop gain of the Amplifier comes into play
Region 3 is mainly dominated by the large output caps, bigger caps gives higher PSRR.

I have attached a good article on this here. Also the link to this article is at
focus.ti.com/lit/an/slyt202/slyt202.pdf

Regards,
svraj

psrr ldo improve

Thank you very much!
I also want to know how to achieve high psrr in high frequency for cap-less LDO. Without the large output capacitor, the high frequency psrr is really a difficult to achieve. Are there any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.