Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to import ADS data to MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monzerje

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a microstrip bandpass filter in ADS, and I have designed the filter for different substrate materials and I would like to add all the simulation results for the different substrates in one graph so i can have a better comparison between them. I have looked and found that ADS does not provide that, and most people are suggesting that I export those data from ADS and import them to Matlab. Anyone know how to do that, as i have around 5 graphs and i want to combine them in one graph.

I have designed a microstrip bandpass filter in ADS, and I have designed the filter for different substrate materials and I would like to add all the simulation results for the different substrates in one graph so i can have a better comparison between them. I have looked and found that ADS does not provide that

What do you miss? You can plot multiple curves in ADS into one graph, just select the corresponding dataset in the dropdown list.

ads_multicurve.PNG

If you still prefer Matlab, have at look at write_var() in the ADS online help. That is a function to write data from the ADS data display to a file. It is used by placing an equation on the data display page: dummy = write_var ()

writevar1.PNG

What do you miss? You can plot multiple curves in ADS into one graph, just select the corresponding dataset in the dropdown list.

I think you miss read my question. I have designed the filter for different substrates, like FR4, Roger Duroid 5880, ect, and i want to combine these results in one graph, like one graph for insertion loss for all the substrate materials

- - - Updated - - -

If you still prefer Matlab, have at look at write_var() in the ADS online help. That is a function to write data from the ADS data display to a file. It is used by placing an equation on the data display page: dummy = write_var ()[/ATTACH]
Where to add write_var() in ADS, i couldn't find any place type a command in ADS?

I think you miss read my question. I have designed the filter for different substrates, like FR4, Roger Duroid 5880, ect, and i want to combine these results in one graph, like one graph for insertion loss for all the substrate materials

I understood your question, and that is easily possible. I do it all the time! You can place as many different datasets into one graph as you like. You can switch datasets as I showed above, and add S-params from different datasets using that dialog.

Where to add write_var() in ADS, i couldn't find any place type a command in ADS?

You add this as an equation in the data display, as shown in my second screenshot at the very bottom. The variable on the left side of the equation is just a dummy, the relevant part is calling the write_var function with the correct parameters.

I understood your question, and that is easily possible. I do it all the time! You can place as many different datasets into one graph as you like. You can switch datasets as I showed above, and add S-params from different datasets using that dialog.
It worked!!, I have not noticed that before. Thank you for your help :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back