Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement image segmentation algorithm on FPGA kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparupat

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I have an algorithm in matlab for image segmentation.My goal is to to implement it on FPGA . Could any body please tell me steps to implement image segmentation program on FPGA.
Do I need to write the VHDL program to implement it on FPGA or Is there any approach to generate VHDL code from matlab code .

Please help me, I am confused about how to start.

Thank you,
srikanth parupati

Re: How to implement image segmentation algorithm on FPGA ki

Hi

In general mapping sequential code (matlab) on a parallel FPGA in een efficient way is extremely difficult. People have been dreaming of it (the silicon compiler) for 30 years.

However, in a simulink model you can express parallelism so that is a lot easier to mapon an FPGA. Both xilinx and altera have tools for this:

**broken link removed**
https://www.altera.com/products/software/products/dsp/dsp-builder.html

I have never used these tools, but I'm sure they are a lot easier then learning VHDL.

Slorn
--
Dwengo... gets you started with microcontrollers!

Status
Not open for further replies.