Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to handle hold timing in FPGA .

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan228228

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know whether the 'bit' file generated by ISE must meet hold timing. If there are hold timing in FPGA , how to handle it.

Thanks!

David

Re: HOLD time in FPGA .

I'm sure there is hold timing, but i dont know how to do it. guess this could help abit xD.

Or is it assigning like this?
x<= '1' after 1ns, '0' after 2ns ....;

HOLD time in FPGA .

there are specific tool in ise for solving the setup/hold timing problem, however at the most time you need not take care of that.

calm said:
there are specific tool in ise for solving the setup/hold timing problem,

calm:

Could you tell me what the specific tool is ? And Could you give me some paper about this tool or issue. Thanks!

David

when ur doing PAR in ISE, the ISE PAR tool automatically check for hold violations and gives timing report either ur design met timing requirements or not, if any violations(setup & hold) PAR fails to route ur design and reports, on which timing path violation occur

Status
Not open for further replies.