Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to handle complex numbers and error function (erf(x)) in VERILOG A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polux

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As far as I know, verilogA does not support equation containing complex numbers and it doesnt work with the error function. I have just started a project simulating a specific FinFet for a company and I need to use equations based on the requiremets mentionated. Is there any way? or any clue that I could use in order to star my investigation.

Thanks.

Best way is think in polar co-ordinate r*e(i * theta) in the multiplication and division domain and addition and substraction using cartesian co-ordinate domain if it would have been the complex number problem.....As you are dealing with error function then my suggeation is make a truth table or arry of coefficent and best curve fit....I think you will have y=ax up to some region and then y= ax+a(x^0.5) etc....so you can make the correlation to get the respective value based on the input

Good Luck

Last edited:

This is an example of the equations I have to run in VerilogA.. How would be your approach??.. I am still researching and try to find the most efficient solution..

u1v1 = cosh(pi * (xm + 1i*(toxs_t + Tch/2)) / (2 * toxs_t + Tch));

fz_0 = exp(g_0) * ((sqrt(pi) * Tch/2)/ (2 * sqrt(g_0))) * erf(sqrt(g_0))

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back