Status
Not open for further replies.

Polux

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As far as I know, verilogA does not support equation containing complex numbers and it doesnt work with the error function. I have just started a project simulating a specific FinFet for a company and I need to use equations based on the requiremets mentionated. Is there any way? or any clue that I could use in order to star my investigation.

Thanks.

Best way is think in polar co-ordinate r*e(i * theta) in the multiplication and division domain and addition and substraction using cartesian co-ordinate domain if it would have been the complex number problem.....As you are dealing with error function then my suggeation is make a truth table or arry of coefficent and best curve fit....I think you will have y=ax up to some region and then y= ax+a(x^0.5) etc....so you can make the correlation to get the respective value based on the input

Good Luck

Last edited:

This is an example of the equations I have to run in VerilogA.. How would be your approach??.. I am still researching and try to find the most efficient solution..

u1v1 = cosh(pi * (xm + 1i*(toxs_t + Tch/2)) / (2 * toxs_t + Tch));

fz_0 = exp(g_0) * ((sqrt(pi) * Tch/2)/ (2 * sqrt(g_0))) * erf(sqrt(g_0))

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…