Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to hand calculate a single NAND3's power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usa2005

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power consumption hand calculation

Hello, If I want to know the power consumption of a NAND3 gate by hand calculation (in an analog way), what method should I use? Thanks a lot.

nand3

I'm not sure of exactly what you're looking for, instantaneous power, steady state, average etc.
The power consumption of a digital circuit such as a NAND gate depends on useage.

But you want to measure/calculate/simulate the current flowing through the device, and you'll know the supply voltage, thus calculating the power is sraight forward.

how can we calculate back power

Hi, thank you for replying. I want to do a hand calculation of the NAND3 gate. I wish I can have the instantaneous, average as well as worst case power consumption. I also want to take the charge sharing effect into consideration. The transistor we use is nano scale transistor, so I doubt I can not use the square law of current equation directly. What I have is one sheet of bunch of values of Ids=f(Vgs, Vds), I can measure the power in Hspice probably by the method of "look up table" (because the model file is not decided yet), I am wondering if I can calculate the power by hand calculation? Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back