Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to give output to AT89C52 microcontroller if I want to control alarm and lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClouDxv1

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do i give input to AT89C52 microcontroller if i want it to control several devices such as alarm and lights.

Im planning to do a simple ultrasonic motion sensored home security that utilise on microcontroller to activate the alarm and house lights incase the sensor detect any motion.

Can i connect the output of the sensor to the controller's reset to startup the controller?

Re: Help needed

ClouDxv1 said:
How do i give input to AT89C52 microcontroller if i want it to control several devices such as alarm and lights.

Bit confused. if you want to control alarms and lights you will need outputs and not inputs.

Method to interface sensors to MCU input will vary according to type of sensor i.e. analog or digital. If your sensors output is digital you can directly interface it to MCU input if you take care of contact debounce in software. For analog type of sensors you will need external circuit or ADC to determine its correct state.

the output of the sensor(if it is digital) you can directly connected to hardware interrupt,and the outputs of the microcontroller are connected to alarm and LEDs
depending on your application

Hi,

Connect the output of the sensor to the interupt. And in your program you will be mentioning which device to ON. So in your program, in the interrupt function you have to enable the particular pin of the microcontroller that you wish to ON. Now if your interrupt function get executed means it will automatically enable the particular device.

dipal_z said:
ClouDxv1 said:

Bit confused. if you want to control alarms and lights you will need outputs and not inputs.

Yes i need outputs to control the alarms and lights, but how do i giv input to the controller to ON it.
Im planning to use the output from the sensor to giv input into the microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back