Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to give a +5V or 0V as a input to 89C2051?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtparekh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: inputs to 89C2051???

Hello friends!

Can u tell me how to give a +5V or 0V as a input to 89C2051?
i want information on internal pull up facility i am not getting what is meant by pull up?

Thanks

Added after 1 hours 48 minutes:

input is meant as to the port pins of port1 & port-3

Re: inputs to 89C2051???

Pull-up resistors are used because the pin drivers are open-drain. That means that they can connect to 0V, but not to +5. Without the pull-ups, when set to output 1, the output will just float. With the pull-up, the pin is connected through the resistor to +5V when output is set to 1.

This is why an LED, for example, is usually connected between the pin and +5V, rather than ground.

To use as inputs, just define them as input (write '1' to them), driving the pin high through the pull-up. You can then give the pin 0 or +5V and read its value. When giving it 0, the pin will source current through the pull-up resistor. Your driving circuit must have a lower impedance than the pull-up resistor, or it might not pull down to 0 enough (it makes a potential divider with the pull-up). Note also that no connection to a pin will read as a '1' due to the pull-up.

FoxyRick.

inputs to 89C2051???

use one transistor (eg. C1815) as follow:
emitter to ground
base to Resistor (eg. 22K)
collector to one of 89X51 port pin.
connect input voltage 0-5 volt to other side of above resistor.
and in program initialization write 1 to that pin to configure it as input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back