how to get the ibis model of a 200 pin SO-DIMM DDR slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr1x

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently, I'm going to layout a board which has a 200 pin SO-DIMM DDR slot, a DDR 333 memory module will be plugged in. Now, I wanna to simulate the data/command/control signals of the DDR traces between the MemoryControlUnit and the SO-DIMM DDR slot. I has got the ibis module of MemoryControlUnit, how can I get the ibis module of the 200 pin SO-DIMM slot? Or is there any other way to do this simulation?

I've downloaded the ibis module of DDR 333 memory module from www.micron.com, can I use this ibis module as the module of the 200 pin SO-DIMM slot?

By the way, I just layed out a few DDR signals, can I just simulate these signals first?By other words, can I simulate signals on board first before the whole board has been layed out?

Env:Cadence SPB 15.5, layout: Allegro, simulation: specctraQuest.

Thanks from a EDA newbie!!!!

hi
check this post:

gr1x

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you, buenos.
In your post, you wrote
"4.) on the memory board, assign chip ibis models for those locations/numbers what will be used in an usual module. "
I cannot understand this, what's the reason of using chip ibis models? Can u explain this in detail?
Thanks very much!

because this way i can do multiboard simulations, and i can check signals on the memor-chip-pins, instead of the module pins. the signals have to be ok at the memory-chip-pins.

gr1x

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…