Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the freq-wavenumber diagram for EBG in CST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephuong07

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
freq-wave number

Does anyone know how to get the ω-β diagram for EBG structure (like the picture below) in CST 2007. It also be called as dispersion diagram. I've searched in this forum but this topic still hasn't had a clear answer.
I'm looking forward to a reply and thanks in advance.

how to get the wavenumber

In the figure, there are 2 curves which named as freq mode 1 and freq mode 2. I wonder if they are correspondent to TM and TE wave or not. When simulating in CST, for freq mode 1, 2 or so on, in eigenmode solver by choosing add watch/freq mode... we have 2 curves simultaneously. However if they are TE/TM we must change the boundary to Et/Ht in z+ plane and get the 2 result curves sequently. So I don't know what the correct method is.
when running in eigenmode solver, each time we will get a piece of the result curve (Γ-X, X-M, M- Γ). Each result is showed in the Table (freq mode 1) in the Navigation Tree. But I don't know how to save the result for each simulation, for example we have just had the Γ-X and now want to have the X-M... I right click on the 1D result folder and Add new tree folder but they didnt work. please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back