Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get Dispersion Diagram for UC-PBG in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dokesv

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have designed rectangular microstip patch antenna operating at 2.4 GHz with FR4 as dielectric and metal ground plane. I want to study effect of EBG structure on the performance of this antenna.

I want to study simple UC-PBG structure in HFSS. How to design EBG structure for 2.4 GHz? (formulas)

Whether to use eigen mode solver or driven model or driven terminal solution type in HFSS.

I want to prove following properties of EBG
(1) When the incident wave is a surface wave (k2x + k2y ≤ k20 , kz is purely imaginary), the EBG structures show a frequency band gap through which the surface wave cannot propagate for any incident angles and polarization states.

(2) When the incident wave is a plane wave (k2 x + k2y ≤ k20 , kz has a real value), the reflection phase of the EBG structures varies with frequency, At a certain frequency the reflection phase is zero degrees, which resembles a perfect magnetic conductor that does not exist in nature.

Please help me....

Thank you

Patch antanna with EBG

Hi all,

I have designed rectangular microstip patch antenna operating at 2.4 GHz with FR4 as dielectric and metal ground plane. I want to study effect of EBG structure on the performance of this antenna.

Even after adding EBG structure around, I m not getting enough improvement in Bandwidth (f1-f2) (f1 & f2 are the frequencies where S11 in dB fall bellow -10 dB).. but after fabrication and testing i got lot of improvement.... So i m getting why it is not reflected in simulation software HFSS v.-11

please help me

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

thanks for link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back