Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate the slot drill in allegro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soodamanikannan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I try to generate the slot drill (NC drill) in allegro, but i am not able to generate.

Please guide me.

Thanks for all guidenss.

Attachments

• Slot drill images.zip
    189.9 KB · Views: 151

Create NC route file .

you need to supply both file NC drill and NC route file to the fabricator.

Let me know ,if you find difficulty in generating NC route file

Thank for the guideness.

I generated the NC route file with .rou extention.
I send the fabricaton file using CAM software, in that condition i can able to import this .rou file in CAM ( gerber).
Please guide me.

Thanks

yes

you can import .rou file in CAM in a similar way you import nc drill file.

Hi abhi002

Yes, i exported the .rou file form the allegro.
and imported that file in CAM i got the error and it's not vissile.
I used fomate is excellon, 3.5, absolute,english.

here with i attached the .rou file please guide me.

Attachments

• MPC8323E-RDB.zip
    524 bytes · Views: 101

In CAM350, u need to import this file as MILL data.

i imported this file successfully in CAM350.

If you are facing problem,try to import in 2.4 etc

I think if you have generated data in 3.5 ratio you should import it in same ratio (not in 2.4) try keeping input settings same in your CAM tool as you had them while generating in Allegro.
Also you can try changing CAM tool (if you are using CAM350) try GC Prevue or Gerbtool for Allegro.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

I think if you have generated data in 3.5 ratio you should import it in same ratio (not in 2.4) try keeping input settings same in your CAM tool as you had them while generating in Allegro.
Also you can try changing CAM tool (if you are using CAM350) try GC Prevue or Gerbtool for Allegro.

Hi abhi002,
I imported the .rou file as mill data, which formate i exported this file ( excellon3.5,Absolute,leading & english).

But i am not able to get correct file on the CAM350. Here i attached the .brd file image and i imported .pcb file for you view. Please give the solution.

thanks a lot to all the guidence.

Attachments

• slot.zip
    283.2 KB · Views: 94

Hi soodamanikannan,

Were you able to view your .rou data correctly? Or do you know how to correctly import the .rou data to CAM350? I am having the same problem you stated above. I have a board file on which have routed holes and when I import the .rou data to CAM350 thru file-import-mill data, the hole do not look like an actual oval which it's supposed to be. Instead some of my routed holes appears as heart shape while others appears as egg shape (other oval arc is smaller). Please help. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back