Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate Ic in a CPPLL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christon

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
generate ic

Hi,

I want to know how to generate charge/discharge current Ic in a CPPLL?
Use a bandgap? I think it will take up a large size.
A simple supply-independent bias current can vary more than twice in worst case, and it may cause instability?
Any other solution?

Thanks in advance ^_^

what's your mean?

In a CPPLL, the current is always generated by the charge pump.

Thanks.
Yes, the current Ic is generated by the charge pump, but I want to know where does Ic copy from? I mean how to generate the bias current for charge pump?

These is no on chip current reference which can generate process-independent current. I think you should make sure that your PLL is stable in different corners. Or you can employ a external resistor to adjust the charge pump current.

needforspeed,
You got it, I must keep my PLL stable in different corners , different reference frequency, and the full range of integer N in feedback divider.
Yes, I have read many datasheets and found an external resister is usually employed to generate Ic.

it depends on the temperature slope you want to get. it can come from a poly-current or PTAT but usually a poly current is used

christon said:
Hi,

I want to know how to generate charge/discharge current Ic in a CPPLL?
Use a bandgap? I think it will take up a large size.
A simple supply-independent bias current can vary more than twice in worst case, and it may cause instability?
Any other solution?

Thanks in advance ^_^

I think you'd better use a constant current source of it with Band-gap and iPTAT.

Ibg=(Vref/R)
30% iPTAT plus 70% Ibg.

It will be constant with tempreture in some range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back