Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Generate *.cof file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omeraygor

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

i have started use CCS 4.1.2. it generates TI-TXT and INTEL-HEX files. But i want to *.cof or *.elf file.

i want to this to work with proteus for step by step debug.

Thanks...

**broken link removed**

2.1.5 How to Generate Binary-Format Files (TI-TXT and INTEL-HEX)

The CCS installation includes the hex430.exe conversion tool. It can be configured to generate output

objects in TI-TXT format for use with the MSP-GANG430 and MSP-PRGS430 programmers, as well as

INTEL-HEX format files for TI factory device programming. The tool can be used either standalone in a

command line (located in <Installation Root>\tools\compiler\msp430\bin) or directly within CCS. In the

latter case, a post-build step can be configured to generate the file automatically after every build by

selecting predefined formats such as TI-TXT and INTEL-HEX in the "Apply Predefined Step" menu

(Project → Properties → C/C++ Build → Build Steps → Post-Build Step). The generated file is stored in

the <Workspace>\<Project>\Debug\ directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.