Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to freely convert your DVDs into any format you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvey438

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I often said that there is no such an application that can be defined as all-in-one, or one-step to satisfy all your needs. Take DVD ripper for example, there are DVD ripping software that prevent you from importing DVD videos with CSS or CPPM protection for to fight against copy piracy. This is right, but causes some trouble for users who want to convert DVD videos to AVI, MPEG, and WMV etc. There are always alternatives to help ourselves out.

Actually, Many American legal experts believe that under United States' Federal law, making a backup copy of a DVD-Video is legal under fair use protection meaning backup copies made with software such as DVD Decrypter are in fact legal but that distribution of the software used to make them is illegal. So today, I would like to tell you how to deal with DVD with protection legally.

The worst thing might be that you cannot import the DVD videos with protection with the DVD Ripping software you have bought, in other words, the DVD ripper you own cannot decrypt the DVD movie. Got mad about this, right?

No worries. You can take a detour. DVD decrypter is such an free application that is intended and dedicated to removes Content Scrambling System (CSS), region codes, and user operation prohibition.

Before we start DVD Decrypter requires that you have an ASPI layer installed. If you get an error message like "ASPI Initialization failed" upon starting up DVD Decrypter you have to install an ASPI layer before you can continue.

Here is the interface of this application.
dvd_decrypter_1.jpg

After importing the DVD files, start to decrypt the movie by clicking on the dropdown option of “Decrypt”.
dvd_decrypter_2.jpg

Now that you have got decrypted movies, you are free to import them to a video converter, and convert it to AVI, MPEG, WMV, or iPod, iPhone, Zune, PSP, Apple TV or other widescreen TV videos. I suggest you to try Pavtube video converter. The reason I recommend this is that it cannot only convert VOB files to AVI, MPEG etc, but also it can convert decrypted VOB files to videos that can be played on iPod, Zune, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, Creative Zen, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, Xbox 360, PDA, etc. In addition, it provides powerful editing functions, such as video effect adjusting, trimming, and cropping. The most distinguished thing is that it converts super fast.
By the way, you can buy Pavtube video converter with half price since all Pavtube products are 50% discounted right now. Fancy you can buy a versatile video converter only with no more than $15. It is a real value.
dvd_decrypter_4.jpg

As I have said, there is no need to feel guilty if you have got DVD Ripper that is able to decrypt and rip the movie to video you need at the same time, e.g. Pavtube DVD Ripper. All you need to do is to make sure that you don’t use this kind of software for commercial use. And with this DVD ripper, you don’t need DVD decrypter and it saves you a lot of efforts. What’s more, Pavtube DVD Ripper is 50% discounted and you can buy one just with no more than $18. And they provide free upgrading for a life long time.
dvd_decrypter_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back