Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find the great circle angle given two points on the surface of the sphere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan0354

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am not familiar with spherical geometry. I am working with elliptical polarization that involves using poincare sphere that present the latitude and longitude angle in spherical geometry. I need to find the great circle angle if given two points that each specified by their longitude angle \[ 2\tau\] and latitude angle \[ 2\chi\].

ie. If I am given the \[ \chi \] and \[\tau\] of \[M_{1}(\tau_{1},\chi_{1})\] and \[M_{2}(\tau_{2},\chi_{2})\], how can I find the great circle angle between \[M_{1}(\tau_{1},\chi_{1})\] and \[M_{2}(\tau_{2},\chi_{2})\]?

I really don't want to learn the details of spherical geometry, just want to learn the way of finding the angle as this is only a small part of antenna design.

Thanks

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back