Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find S-parameters of a given circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoopskondattu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I find the S-parameter of the LNA which I have designed. Is there any way to calculate S-Parameter of a circuit. So that I can do the Stability and Noise analysis of the same.
Specs
Topology used : Inductively Degenerated Cascode Toplogy.
Technology used: 130nm.
Frequency of operation : 1.7GHz.

Please don't ignore

Regards,
Anoop S

You have to use an RF simulator able to perform a s-parameter analysis. Starting from your circuits you can extract the parameter to a file or analyze them inside the simulator. There are many, like Agilent ADS, AWR Microwave office, etc.
Or, build your circuit and exctract the parameters using a Network Analyzer.

either simulate in ADS... n check or if you have any network analyzer use it to check

Sir,

Can we calculate it manually?

What all parameters do we require to simulate it in ADS or some other simulation software??

Thanx in advance

i don't think so that such a thing could be calculated.....!!! as it involves quite a lot of factor that can't be included mathematically...
for simulation in ADS just terminate your LNA with 50 ohm both sides include S parameter block.. and sweep your circuit on desgined frequency range

Ok sir.......But I haven't used ADS. Can I do the same with HFSS or ANSOFT Designer? Any idea??

i have not used them .. but they will be there for sure.. you have to find yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back