Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find component part number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewave

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
Here I have a bunch of little electrical components such as cable, wire terminal and mini connectors. I intend to find out its manufacture and its part number. But I can't find any clue from the mark on surface. Could any one help me how to handle this situation? Any good reference website or something like that?
Thanks in advance.

Active components such as diodes, transistors, IC have usually their brand printed and therefore easier to identify, but as far as passive components ar concerned in most cases there is nothing to identify them so you need to use your experience and sometimes Google, or opposite way around ..

the items specified by u will not have any standard code numbers.

If you can determine at least the company buil it go to theyr home site and try , following for example for the connectors the phisical dimensions layout.
Take care the diameter of the last nut because it determines the type of cable used ( or at least the family of cables ).

Mandi

Status
Not open for further replies.