Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to extract features using wavelet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosha_logic

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a classification problem, I have many nonstationary signals that I need to extract features from using wavelet packet (WP), my questions is how to extract features using wavelet, I did laready took the energy of wavelet coefficients as features but the performance of the classifier is not good because the feature vectore for each class look like the features vectors for the other classes, so how can I extract good features from wavelet, do I have to use all the levels in wavelet decomposition as I am currently using only the coefficints from the final level of decomposition.

Please help me with some ideas I am totally new in wavelet.

Re: Need help in wavelet

hi
for classification and to extract the features better go for obtaining the features such as mean,standard deviation, variance...
this are very easy features and will give u good result with respect to wavelets..
i hope so...as i have read some articels long back regarding this things..
all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back