Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to extend the range of this circuit to 1km...mc2833???

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddasserniaz

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mc2833

This is a mc2833 2m band transmitter circuit and short range..... and author says one has to build a output power amplifier to increase output power.

https://www.qsl.net/vu2upx/Projects/vhfnbfm.htm

Someone told *here at edaboard*) that by using Double stage booster amplifier the transmitter range can be extended...up to 1km .!!!!

Can someone please provide circuit schematics/help???

schema mc2833

Since the tx output power does not only define range, you should also have a look at other variables of the equation (both antennas, receiver sensitivity, noise, ...). Why bother with power amplifier construction where you could achieve the same with other thingies. I would suggest you to have a look at transistor 2N3866, which should give you a couple of hundred miliwatts of output power...

1km transmitter circuit

rfmw said:
Why bother with power amplifier construction where you could achieve the same with other thingies. I would suggest you to have a look at transistor 2N3866, which should give you a couple of hundred miliwatts of output power...

rfmw

can you please elaborate how can i use 2n3866 with mc2833???? i.e. schematics/pcb design.

mc2833 fm transmitter circuits

Hy...

look here:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed** SSB power amplifier

bye-bye

2n3866 fm transmitter circuits

Hi,

2N3866/2N4427 are RF transistors, very suitable for medium-powered VHF amplifiers, delivering up to 1W of RF output power. What you need to find is a 2m or VHF amplifier schematics using these transistors. Since you'll be using FM, I would suggest two-stage amplifier, first stage an A-class stage for maximum gain (to boost the level from MC2833) and a second stage a C-class stage for maximum efficiency and high output power (up to 1W).

Sorry, I don't have any schematics right now by my side, but I'm sure that you can find lots on the net using the phrases that I wrote here, primarily from radio-amateur constructors. I have a schematic of the first stage, A-class amp with 2N3866 at home (and also C-class VHF amp too), so if you're interested, let me know to look for it and scan then...

Hope this helps,
rfmw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back