Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export the wave form from Cadence ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tia_design

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use Matlabe to plot the waveform cacdence software generates. Who can give me some hints of how to do it?

u can save the cadence output in raw file and load it with matlab

In order to export a waveform from cadence fisrt you have to select the format in which you want this waveform to be saved. This is done by using the -f <format> option in the ADE->Setup->Environment usrcmdline. for format I used "psfascii" but you have other formats available (use spectre -h for more info). This format has a header folowed by the time and the saved variables value for that time so you can preprocess and than import it in matlab. You will find the save that in the simulation directory for you schematic in the tran.tran file (if u do a transient simulation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back