Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export gerber files(*.spl) in CADSTAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaa_bbb33

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
geber spl file

Is there anybody know how to export gerber files from pcb files in CADSTAR???

I tried and got only one gerber file(*.spl).
Then someone viewed it by CAM350 then told me that I've made all things in one layer.

Did I miss some setup?:cry:

batch process cadstar

I don't know if recent CADSTAR versions allow an automatic layer extraction in postprocess, but it must be done manually in previous ones.

Select the respective layer in colours dialog and generate individual gerber output files. Setup files allow to store and recall the required settings.

Hi, FvM Thank you for your help..

When I finished it I got several files (.spl) named by myself.Should I make a list that show which layer each file stands for and send them all together to the ones make PCBs?

Yes, that's good engineering praxis. You should also rename the files to *.gbr respectively *.gbx if they are in the (preferred) 274-X format.

It's always a good idea, to re-read all production files with a gerber tool, e.g. the free GC-Prevue version (www.graphicode.com) to check, if they are complete and free of obvious errors.

To export Gerber files in Cadstar, it is a case of WYSWYG.

So if you are doing it manually with manufacturing export, Artwork. Then whats on screen at that time will be used to create the file.

You are better off using the manufacturing export, batch process and using colour files to create a set of Gerbers for each layer.
(its been doing that for over 4 years)

I would suggest you do read the help files that come with Cadstar as they will explain how to do it.

Also the tutorial documents if you have them.

Read, create colour files for each gerber type, create a batch process file & use batch process (it then takes a couple of minutes to create them) and come back if your stuck.

Thanks for the help of FvM & cyberrat!!

In fact I have bypassed this problem for I don't have so much time.....

But I would tried again to do it by reading the help files and tutorial documents as cyberrat said. uh..., you reminder me that asking help on google is not the only way. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back