Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export 1 or few layers only from Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvtruongson

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence layer

Dear all,

Would you please help me since I need to export a few layers from a design to send to a manufacturer and due to security issues I can only send a few layers, can anyone help me about this?

Really appreciated your help.
Best regards,

cadence layer map table

What do you mean? If you want to send only Metal 1 layer, draw M1, then export as gds.

Dear Psmon,

Since the design is of high complexity and not so repeatitive and draw a few layers will be too time-consuming. And it will be the last resort I'm gonna look at.

dvtruongson said:
I can only send a few layers, can anyone help me about this?
From Cadence' CIW select File -> Export -> Stream...
In the Virtuoso Stream Out window click User-Defined Data
In the Stream Out User-Defined Data window, put the path/fileName of a layer-map-table-file into the Layer Map Table fill box. Into this layer-map-table-file only insert those layers you want to be exported.

Another method: In your original layout, in the LSW window make all layers "NS" (Nothing Selectable), then make only the layers selectable you want to be exported. Then do a "Select All" and copy this selected stuff to a new layout window with a new name. Take care to use the same origin. Save it & export this new layout.

Good luck! erikl

Thank you so much, Erikl. It really works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back