Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to enter the industry with a career break

Status
Not open for further replies.

novice_vlsi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have graduated 2yr back( MSEE ) but because of some personal reasons
i couldn't try for job. Now I want to try in physical design field(layout).

To be frank I forgot the subject. To get the confidence back

what to do..

Could anybody please tell me which books to start for the basics.

and how to proceed..

Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks,
Novice_vlsi

i have the same problem. i am going graduate this semester and i don't know where to look for the job. all the jobs related to this field ask for experience. there is hardly any thing for entry level.

Thanks for the reply ljxpjpjljx.

avinashch: What projects you did in backend and what tools you used.

thanks

i hav used tetramax and design vision. apart from this the usual tools like modelsim matlab opnet etc.

What you really need is to start working!
Academic studies are fine but they're not actual work experience.
Since you will be looking for a job as a 'graduate' you shouldn't be worried about "remembering" stuff,
you should be focused on showing you are serious, hard-working, ready-to-learn kind of guy.
Once you start working, everything will fall into place.
Good luck :)

hi,

few steps irrespective of in which side you wana go ( means backend or front end)

You can do few things and those are mandatory if you wanted to enter in this field.

1)Pick a basic book of digital electronics and brushup your concepts. I hope you have read all those in you college days.
Few important and higher level topics are
MOSFET and JFET basic.
Different digital gates and their implementation.
Difference between analog electronics and digital electronic.
2) Once you finish above thing, pick a basic book of verilog/VHDL language and just try to undersatnd those one.
As such this is required for frontend domain but I prefer that you should know this just as entry level only. At lest if some one will ask then you can understand what's going on.

You can do few things in parallel.
#Start looking for jobs and see what are the requirement in the market.
#make a list of those and see how much you know.
#Then google or check the internet or mail me for rest of the things.
#try to understand these things.

once above things are done ( only basic understanding is enough) start applying as fresher in different companies.
1)See if some will hire you as an intern/project trainee/ on contract basis for few months. So that you can get experience in VLSI. I thing there are lot of companies where if you will show ur interest then they can hire you like this. But ya they will not give you good pacakage or may be few months you have to work free of cost.

I think this will help.

Pick a company that you would like to work for. Offer to work for 2 months with no salary. In the 2 month period show the company that they need your services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back