Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to enter the commands into the hyperterminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpramod

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends..
i m using sim300 gsm modem and connected to my pc through serial cable and i set baudrate to 9600(com port)..the gsm is working correctly but its not taking the typed commands...plz anyone help me..

if you type at the hyperterminal the command the gsm will take it.

You can use Docklight which is more friendly to use.

if you type at the hyperterminal the command the gsm will take it.

i maid ascii set up..now commands are visible but no respond from the terminal..means commands are not executing..i also called to my modem from my cell its showing "ring"..means the gsm is working correctly...the question is how to execute commands

If using Hyperterminal, after typing AT command, you hit the 'enter' button on keyboard. or what? enter using microcontroller?

If using Hyperterminal, after typing AT command, you hit the 'enter' button on keyboard. or what? enter using microcontroller?

i maid all settings..and resetting the modem the in hyper terminal i am getting
RDY
CALL READY
then i entered the command,but commnads are not visible,so i went ascii setup settings...now commands are visible but not executing

As far I understood you are positive that your modem is working correctly and you can succesfully receive bytes from the modem. So if those assumptions are correct, then the problem could be on the transmit line. For some reason commands do not reach modem's Rx pin. Did you try the loopback test to verify your transmit line?

The following link will lead you at the exact desired post.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/223105/#post951221

As far I understood you are positive that your modem is working correctly and you can succesfully receive bytes from the modem. So if those assumptions are correct, then the problem could be on the transmit line. For some reason commands do not reach modem's Rx pin. Did you try the loopback test to verify your transmit line?

The following link will lead you at the exact desired post.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/223105/#post951221

no question of cable problem because iam using cable with microcontroller for connecting it to pc..its working correctly..

Pls I really want to know if you can tell me any software I can use to be able to use my laptop as an Hyperterminal. Hyperterminals are usually in widowXP systems but i have Vista on my laptop and I dont seem to have an Hyperterminal on my LAptop so please which software can i use for the purpose. thanks

Pls I really want to know if you can tell me any software I can use to be able to use my laptop as an Hyperterminal. Hyperterminals are usually in widowXP systems but i have Vista on my laptop and I dont seem to have an Hyperterminal on my LAptop so please which software can i use for the purpose. thanks

xxtigerxx said:

It is much more advanced than hyperterminal, but not free.

Last edited:

Try to get 'rsterm'...
It is a terminal program that supports Windows 7..
Its easily available..

for windows vista and windows7 you can use "Docklight hyperterminal",,also its user friendly:arrow:

Use TeraTerm. Hyperterminal absolutely sucks, I have no idea why so many electronics enthusiasts use it.

Thanks a lot. Please I have downloaded the Docklight and its review manual I'll see how to use it today. But it was free (3Mb), And from their website, i hope it works. Opopson

set the flow control as "XON/XOFF" and check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back