Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to enable wireless link between 2 Xilinx Spartan 3e FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vccy118

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am trying to find a solution, best would be off the shelf product, to enable wireless link between 2 Xilinx Spartan 3E board. I had been trying to connect an USB wireless dongle to one of the boards by modifying the driver and connecting through a pin extender circuit designed by my lab instructor but to no avail.

The aim itself is simple: to match different DSP waveforms on 2 (or more) Xilinx Spartan 3e FPGA board through wireless connection.

Tried to google for an external component for the board but couldn't find any.

Hopefully I will get answers here.

Re: How to enable wireless link between 2 Xilinx Spartan 3e

you can try using any of the evaluation RF board from Analog devices or Atmel or from TI. the interface will be UART or SPI so that u can plug that module into your FPGA kit and you can tranmitting data.

vccy118

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Oh, thanks for the reply!

I am still new in this, so not very sure which RF development board is compatible with Spartan 3E starter kit.

Thanks!

there are lot of evaluation boards with different frequency range. u can choose u r frequency and then go for it

all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back