Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to edit the properties of component in Verilog-A .... Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

yugandhar12

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I am using Verilog-A in virtuoso cadence IC614. I am not able to edit the properties of the component in the schematic, for example for a resistor. Need help stuck from many days. My code is below

`include "constants.vams"
`include "disciplines.vams"

module resistor_y(p,n);
parameter real res=0;
inout p,n;
electrical p,n;

analog

begin
V(p,n)<+ res * I(p,n);

end

endmodule

Do i need to do any changes in the code or during symbol generation or changes in the CIW window. Please suggest any help. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Hi ,

Its not code problem , when I am instantiating the symbol in virtuoso I am not able to edit its properties( as in the resistance value or the variabe declared as parameter) .. actually I am not able to see the resistance value when i click on properties for the symbol. Can you help me in this regard.

Hi yagandhar,

actually I am not able to see the resistance value when i click on properties for the symbol. Can you help me in this regard.

Ya its a simple problem. When you open the property of a verilog cell and want to edit its parameters then it doesnot show up directly .... Do the following ...

1) Select the device and open the Edit Object Property window
2) You will find CDF Parameter of View which is set to Use Tools Filter by default
3) Click and open the drop down menu there and select veriloga instead of Use Tools Filter
4) The veriloga parameters should appear now

Hope this will help ... :)

Hi yagandhar,

Ya its a simple problem. When you open the property of a verilog cell and want to edit its parameters then it doesnot show up directly .... Do the following ...

1) Select the device and open the Edit Object Property window
2) You will find CDF Parameter of View which is set to Use Tools Filter by default
3) Click and open the drop down menu there and select veriloga instead of Use Tools Filter
4) The veriloga parameters should appear now

Hope this will help ... :)

Hi Siddhartha ,

Yes It solved the issue thanks a ton :-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back