Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to drive microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani81

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design a microstrip antenna in HFSS but I don't know which source is better to use in order to excite the antenna
Daniele

Hi,
I usually prefer the waveguide port. That way you have a defined field and know how it looks (or how it is supposed to look). It is also mostly clother to the reality.

lump port can be used for microstrip antenna,

hi,
of course you can use a lumped port. But the problem is that there is no lumped port in reality. The field looks different that it looks at your "hardware" antenna. Therefore you simulate a discontinuity because the field has to change from the lumped port to the microstrip. That can be very important if you want to compare sim and measurement. I found out that a waveguide port is always clother to the reality and that is what counts for me.
Everybody may have diffrent tasks and applications. Therefor an lumped port is at least easier to create and gives still good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back