Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to drive Lamina high power LED with 10.2V,2.34A rating ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceskater

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I am trying to find a circuit that will help me to build a constant current regulator to drive 10.2V,2.34A rated high power led. I will power this circuit with 12Vdc.

Can anyone recommend me a dc/dc converter IC for this circuit ? or schematic ?

I appreciate your help.

Thank you

Re: How to drive Lamina high power LED with 10.2V,2.34A rati

Depending on which option suits you better, you can build constant current circuit based on PNP (source, picture 1) or NPN (sink, picture 2) transistors ..
In the first case the current can be calculated as: I = Uz/R1, in the second case I = Uz/R2 ..
In both cases you will need to select power transistors which can handle current of at least 4A ..

Regards,
IanP

Thank you for your reply, but i would like to build this circuit with a switching regulator with overcurrent,over voltage and temperature protections.

Do you know such an IC that i can use ?

I appreciate your help.

hi
u can use general 3 pin voltage reguator as lm7812 or lm317 in curent source wiering.by all protection u need. u can find example in IC datasheets.

Re: How to drive Lamina high power LED with 10.2V,2.34A rati

Hi

You will need a BUCK switch type regulator with current sense resistor in the feedback loop

Select the resistor acording to the feedback voltage needed by the loop and if the resistor became large (<0.5 ohm) you will need to use a smaller resistor and amplify the sampled voltage

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back