Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to drive a printer using microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisudu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I would like to print some data directly from microcontroller but I do not have experience in working with printer.
Does anybody have any experience in this? Please help me.
Thanks, and Good luck.

Use the search at the top of the page to search for "microcontroller printer", select "search for all terms".

If the printer has a parallel interface , lookup "Centronix Interface" , and use an 8-bit latch , like used on the original IBM-PC Parallel interface , or just use an 8-bit port on the uC

/Bingo

Hi,
But I don't know how to print characters if I make my port as PC parallelport. I mean protocol to control printer.
Any suggestions 2 help me?
Thanks.

U can simply send an array of ASCII and it will be printed as plain text.
If you are interested in grapics, try to find some info in HP's LaserJet series printers. They are a compatibility standard for almost all LPT printers. Find some open source DOS or Linux programs that use printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back