Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to do V([time1, time2, time3, ...]) ->I([time1, time2, time3, ...]) in calculator of Cadence Schematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eratosphen

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, everyone. Sorry, my English is bad that I hope you will understand me. I have an array of voltages v(t) and need to take values i(t) corresponding to v(t) in tran-analysis. I don't know how to do it, what functions are needing to use for it.

Function "waveVsWave" isn't suitable. Function "cross" give me an array of times corresponding to v(t_n), but how to get an array of i(t_n) from it?

Functions that are available to me:
1714467921401.png

Thank you for your attention.

You can't derive i(t) from v(t) without knowing the differential equation that connects both quantities respectively the circuit constituting it.

Can you show a circuit?

You will have to build up some complex expressions and the Calculator UI is not your friend.

For such things I do a lot of cut, try, copy, paste using an external text editor window, saving the "chunks" that worked. And to that, if you can't Print an expression you aren't done with that "chunk" or ready to integrate into the full expression.

You will need "cross" (to get time from v(t)) and "value" to get I(t) from time arg you just pulled. Then rack 'em up.

If you have working Calculator expressions then you are getting close to being able to Ocean-script a more effective solution but I managed to resist learning anything about Ocean except that I wanted to know nothing about it, for a couple of decades.

You can't derive i(t) from v(t) without knowing the differential equation that connects both quantities respectively the circuit constituting it.

Can you show a circuit?
Yes, I can. But I don't sure that we can get the differential equation of this circuit.
"a" – in
"y" – out
"vsso" – ground
vddo – supply voltage
1714495978784.png

You will need "cross" (to get time from v(t)) and "value" to get I(t) from time arg you just pulled. Then rack 'em up.
Do I need to use "cross" and "value" for each time? Do I need to work with Ocean-script to get an array of values of i(t)?

You can also simply save all the currents you will want
to see, plot the v() and i() that you want , change X-axis
to the v() rather than time, and then pick off points with
the delta cursors.

Still manual and tedious but at least no messing with
5 layers of stacked calculator expression.

You can also simply save all the currents you will want
to see, plot the v() and i() that you want , change X-axis
to the v() rather than time, and then pick off points with
the delta cursors.
Thanks for the idea. It's suggested the idea of creating a new test with finding the average value of i(t) (that's what the array of i(t) was for) in a given range of time values, which is set in tran-analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.