Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do looping in PLC using Ladder logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakiboy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m using S7(Siemens PLC) . I wanna ask how can we do looping using Ladder lagic? Say i want to make LED flesher which flesh LED infinite times or 10 times !! is there any possibility to make this logic on ladder logic or I have to use STL ??

Regards

Awaiting for swift responce.

Re: Looping in PLC

A similiar logic shouldn't be realized with loops in ST or any other PLC programming language. A loop effectively holds execution of PLC cycle.

Use a counter or a count variable and a timer respectively one of the available systimer ticks instead. This should be basically possible with any PLC programming technique.

Re: Looping in PLC @ FvM

Sorry FVM ...i could not get ur point clearly abt execution Cycle of PLC ? I m a beginner ..plz elaborate your point a little bit more!!!

Regards

The basic concpt of a PLC is executing the main code (OB1) repeatedly. Acceptable cycle time depends on the application, with slow processes several 10 ms may be O.K. Blinking the LED in a loop would extend cycle time to several seconds, acceptable only for a PLC that has no other outputs than the blinking LED.

I'm sure that you can find some blinker examples in PLC tutorials that are compatible with regular operation.

I think you can use special function relay to achieve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back