Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do derivative in hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

srini.pes

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.,
I have charge expression Q.
I want to calculate the current contributed by this charge Q as I =dQ/dt.

Please provide me the procedure for this.

I came through a option

.measure deriv[]

Will it do the same or different ??
Please clarify..

Thanks

yeah the function is fine. The idea of derivative is to measure the slope of the curve at a certain point of time. So this will work fine for you.

Thank u
But am doing DC analysis, i don't have any time information to mention as the final time.

The relation between current and charge has to do with Time parameter. I am assuming you are measuring charge, on what parameters you are measuring charge. Because a charge transfer of Q in 5ns will give a different current value compared to charge Q transfered in 10ns. what is the purpose of measuring current. Provide more details as I think you are mixing two things : trying a measure a static parameter which is actually dynamic.

Actually., am doing one transistor design.
In that they mentioned the current as dQ/dt
I have the expression for Q, as function of Vg,Vs,Vd
Now i want the current dQ/dt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back