Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to display variable power supply voltage on the SSD or LCD without using any cont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embedded Partner

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i made variable PS , i wan to diplay it on the screan without using any controller is it possible?
if so please tel me how

You cannot display your voltages directly to the screen/LCD.some interfacing must be included between them.
Why you dont wanna use controller?

The best way to display voltage on ur LCD by using microcntroller only. I guess there is no any other alternate way.

Regards
Chanchal Chauhan

You cannot display your voltages directly to the screen/LCD.some interfacing must be included between them.
Why you dont wanna use controller?
y to waste money

is it possible to display on SSD usind ADC? if so tel me which ADC shall i use

Yes you can display on SSD.What is your voltage range?
you need an A-D to convert the analog voltage to a digital voltage. Then an IC or two to convert the 8 or 12 bit binary from the A-D to BCD digital (binary coded decimal). then a few seven segment decoders to convert the BCD to signals to drive the display.
You have to check your voltages range and A-D converter voltage handling.

You can find all these parameters in one IC and that is microcontroller.

May I right?

Yes you can display on SSD.What is your voltage range?
you need an A-D to convert the analog voltage to a digital voltage. Then an IC or two to convert the 8 or 12 bit binary from the A-D to BCD digital (binary coded decimal). then a few seven segment decoders to convert the BCD to signals to drive the display.
You have to check your voltages range and A-D converter voltage handling.

myy voltage range is 15V.which ADC can i use

Alternatively you can use array of comparators for making a LED bar (by increasing the voltage more LED will be on). There are also some IC (bargraph IC) which support many LEDs - you put the IC, connect the LED and you're ready. Some well known IC are
- LM3914 - **broken link removed**
- AN6884-SIP Catalog
- UAA180 - Catalog

A link to a site for using external comparators - Bargraph Voltage Indicator by LM339 | Circuit Project Electronic

There are alot of IC's available in the market,just search on the internet.
one is as follows.
**broken link removed**
In the above site you may also find readymade IC's which will read the adc and convert voltages for seven segment display.
check out the specifications i didn't check that
May this would be helpful for you.

Reactions: ajit4u

ajit4u

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
BTW, in Conrad Electronic they sell some ADC measuring modules 0-5V (including LCD) for just 3 EUR (Sonderprise) !!! Why not to use such ready module, it's cheaper than IC + Display bought separately and also no PCB manufacturing.

BTW, in Conrad Electronic they sell some ADC measuring modules 0-5V (including LCD) for just 3 EUR (Sonderprise) !!! Why not to use such ready module, it's cheaper than IC + Display bought separately and also no PCB manufacturing.
thanks
but i m 4m India

You can use a chip that has a/d converter plus the display driver, like the ones used in multimeters, they can be used with led or lcd display.

ICL7106 3+1/2 Digit LCD Driver with A/D
ICL7107 3+1/2 Digit LED Driver with A/D
**broken link removed**

Alex

IC7106 or IC7107 is the shortest option.OR you can use TC7135 from microchip.

you can use the IC which is an A/D converter as well as BCD converter for SSD, the IC is: ICL-7135

hi guys i m working on a project on solar panel. i m having some problem in displaying the power in the lcd. i m using 8051 controller. so can anybody provide me how to write the coding as the power will be varied..... thanks in advance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.