Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to determine the radius for probe, coax, coax pin and the height for coax in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhaykotnala

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my problem is how to determine the radius for probe,coax,coax pin and the height for coax

Re: probe in hfss

link makes sense for calculating dimensions of coax

good luck

**broken link removed**

thanx man that was gud.....
hey can u guide me on a problem i have...

see i am making an H shaped microstrip antenna in hfss......

i made a substrate of given dimensions using box option......which material is prefferable for the substrate
1. rt duroid
2 vacumm?

for making the ground plane i made a rectangle at bottom and assignes perfectly dielectric to it.....similarly i made the patch using rectangle at the top using rectangle giving it perfectly electric boundary conditions to it

should i make these things of box type with some height for better results or its ok?

how much the coaxial dimensions affect the results of this structure?

i want to short the patch and ground....how should i do it/?

First ; you have to decide about bandwidth and resonance frequency. dielectric permittivity effect on bandwidth and frequency. (air small banwidth etc.)

second you have to draw H shaped patch over dielectric and also assign it perfect E,
Ground plane should be assigned perfect E with infinite or finite ground plane option, (Also you need a cut on it for coax probe)
Dielectric box doesnt need assignment of perfect etc.

third; dielectric box height effects banwidth and also resonance frequency. Similiar condition exist on coax measures too. Cos impedance changes with dimensions.

good luck[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back