Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to detect a magnetic field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arutan1453

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to know how I can detect a magnetic field.
I know there are some devices like tesla meter or electronic compass module etc...

But I would to learn how I can detect the field with a coil and its appropriate electronic... A more physical solution..

Thanks!

The solution is different for DC (static) and AC fields. Only the latter can be detected with a coil (or the coil has to be moved). Hall sensors and flux gate magnetometers are usual solutions to measure static fields.

I want to detect a static field (magnetic objects)...

So, with hall sensors or flux gate magnetometer, will a low magnetic field be detected ?

I want to detect the magneticity of a screw for exemple..

Thanks

u can detect a magnetic field by using a coil and ammeter. connect the meter in series with the ammeter then move the coil and note if the indicator have been moved, then this means that there is a magnetic field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back