Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design with Pspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I begin learning Pspice . I'm using PsPice-Orcad10.5 to created a pulse generator with IC 555 in it's basic circuit . I try many times but still receive error message . Maybe this need some tips to work . Anybody give me advice . Thanks.

Please post the contents of your *.out file which corresponds to your design.
The error messages should be in that file. If the error is regarding syntax, then the answer might be pretty simple. If the error is due to runtime errors (for example, convergence problems) the solution might be a bit more involved. So please post the error message and maybe the schematic and someone should be able to give you suggestions.

Best regards,
\[v_c\]

Sorry for rather late .
Here is my schematic .

I don't see anything wrong with the schematic. What kind of error messages are you getting?

what type of simulation your are doing

you put a probe if ac analysis then you must add an ac source

if time domain analysis you must put Vsin as a source

check the type of the source input with the type of simulation you are doing

I think this is supposed to be a time domain (transient) simulation. So you can either do it by making the 5V source be a step function using piecewise linear voltage source or you can start the initial voltages on the capacitors at 0V and skip the initial bias solution (use initial conditions).

But this does not explain why he is getting errors -- I will repeat my request from before -- are these syntax errors or runtime errors?

Best regards,
v_c

Sorry for so late . Could you explain this file rub.out ; It created from above project . I've setuped my windows, All of my data was lost but this file :cry: . So sad . Now everything in beginning.

I change rub.out to rub.rar

nvha,

Simply put, just try and set up initial conditions for the nodes. Your simulation will converge. Just try and see, if any signal needs to be edge triggered.

Added after 1 minutes:

And try and remove that 1K resistor and replace it with a cap of about 10pF. It would aid convergence even better.

v_c said:
I think this is supposed to be a time domain (transient) simulation. So you can either do it by making the 5V source be a step function using piecewise linear voltage source or you can start the initial voltages on the capacitors at 0V and skip the initial bias solution (use initial conditions).

But this does not explain why he is getting errors -- I will repeat my request from before -- are these syntax errors or runtime errors?

Best regards,
v_c

Well I was trying to simulate this circuit myself, and I found that incase of using a VDC supply the circuit doesn't oscillate and the output is constant, while when using the piecewise linear stimulus (VSTIM) the circuit started operating finally as was expected.
I'm not sure though how to adjust the initial voltage of capacitor to zero, would anyone kindly tell me how?
Also why does one have to avoid the initial bias point calculations, and why does this mess things around ???

Thanks a lot.

Salam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back