Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design patch antenna with a circular polarization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinone

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Antenna problem

Hello to all

I have to design a patches antenna with a circular polarizzation @ 5.8 GHZ with about 100 MHz bandwidth. I have no idea how to design this antenna and how dimension the antenna. I have to feed the antenna in a single point. Can someone give me a suggestion or tell me where I can try article and/or book in order to help me? :( :cry:

Regards

Dinone

Re: Antenna problem

Hi,

If you wanna to make and antenna @5.4GHz, you must considerate its dimenssions in order to achieve the resonate loop. I mean, you must design at dimenssion nearby to carrier wavelength.

In this forum you can find more informations right here:

About dual frequency and dual circularly polarized antenna

McGraw-Hill, Microwave Antenna Theory and Design, Silver S

dinone said:
Hello to all

I have to design a patches antenna with a circular polarizzation @ 5.8 GHZ with about 100 MHz bandwidth. I have no idea how to design this antenna and how dimension the antenna. I have to feed the antenna in a single point. Can someone give me a suggestion or tell me where I can try article and/or book in order to help me? :( :cry:

Regards

Dinone

Dear dinone,
u should read antenna microstrip antenna books, specially "Microstrip Antenna Design Hanbook" by garg, bhartia, bahl and Ittipiboon. there is a lot of patch shapes and configurations available for you, specially becouse of your narrow-band application. if you can use probe, u should try diagonal fed square patch, or u can use notched circular patch, wich has a wider bandwidth.

byheway, i found a special paper for you, an aperture coupled circular notched patc h, with more than 7% CP bandwidth, and a gain of about 10dBi in 5.7 GHz, i think author designed it for ya! cheers!

marti

Antenna problem

Hi Dinone,

You might wish to have a look at a book titled "Antenna Theory analysis and design". It might give you a solution.

Hi dinone

I have here examples of microstrip printed antennas "considerations for GPS antenna for automotive applications"
scale it to your freq.

PL

Hi to all

I know the book

"McGraw-Hill, Microwave Antenna Theory and Design, Silver S"

It is a good book in order to understand antenna, but it doesn't speak about printed antenna: could someone tell me where I can study about this type of antenna (if there is books or application notes)?

:( :cry:

Antenna problem

Good books about the microstrip antennas:

1. R. Garg et al., "Microstrip antenna design handbook", Artech House 2001
2. Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas. Kin-Lu Wong Copyright 2002 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

also many information You can find in Balanis book.
Best regards,
Kit-the-great

I know that the Pozar books are very good about this type of antenna: someone can give me one of this? :( :cry:

Regards to all

Hi dinone

here the second book I hope it can help you.

regards
PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back