Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design bandpass filter with ADS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackwang

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to simulate matching of a bandpass filter

I am designning a filter(center frequency 2.6G, bandwidth 80MHz), I want to simulate its performance with ADS.
can you give some help or document?

design bandpass filter

in @DS there r many tools u can use to design and simulate the filters

there is passive design guide which u can design many types of microstrip matching networks and filters and simulate them

abd u have filter design guide and E-syn
the manuals of these tools will help u to get more thanm u want

Khouly

ads band pass filter design

hi khouly,
but, i find that the manuals in ADS is disorder and not systematic, I need some detailed document.
can you supply some with me?

bandpassfilter in ads

If you want, you can design do it from the begining by design lump element band pass filter........convert to transmission line or microstrip line.........after that....layout the your design and simulate in ads

how to design filter in ads

Yes, you can tell me the difference between the simumlation results and practical results?
or I should pay attention to what question?

ads e-syn

Do you mean that the difference between practical and theory?

how to design bandpass filter with @DS.

I want to design a filter with microstrip line or transmission line, so i need a practical design not a simulation results.
This is my focus.

Hi,

I think what the rest meant is that you should first design in software using ADS design guide.

1. enter the centre freq, lower and upper pass-bands, attenuation etc

2. the "passive circuit" design guide will synthesize the required component values (either width and length of MLs or the RLC values for lumped components).

3. run simulation to see if the freq response is ok. Tune parameters or "optimize" if freq resp is not ok

4. click on "generate layout" to obtain a PCB mask

5. fabricate your hardware using the mask...

The difference between simulation result and actual hardware measure may vary, depending on many factors (eg ppm,Er over greq range, soldering, parasitics). You'll only know after you fabricate and test the 1st prototype i guess.

Hope I answered you question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back