Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a vco(1.4G)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil1981

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a beginer of Rf.and i am designing a oscillator of 1.4G.But i dont't konw how to begin it.i have ever read some articles which design it with S-parameter.but not clearly.can u help me?how to design it?Thank u.

Hi Neil,

I'm new to this field too but here's a few suggestions:
- go to rfic.co.uk : there is a tutorial for a lumped element (LC) feedback oscillator at 1.2GHz if i remember correctly. The tutorial will get you started.

- next, you'll need CAD tools. Put in the schematic, tune the elements and see things work! :)

Good Luck!

the examples in that web are helpfull.but i find they are not quite accurate.
for example,in the article designing reflection osc,how dose it choose reflection coefficent of the source ?thank u.

Hi all,

To understand more on VCO and other designs using S-parameters u can refer to the book by Gozalez. Its available at mcu.cz
Also u can refer to book on oscillator design by Randall Rhea. These would help you to initiate the design and understand the concept.

Regards.

Hi vagarwal:

I am sorry that i can't find the articles or books you have mentioned.can you upload them .Thank u,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back