Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a simple wav format player ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansika

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
i want to design a circuit which will play songs in .wav format, while searching for that i came to know that one DAC0800 with opamp will do it.but as a beginner in this i dont know how all this happen can any please provide me the microcontroller and the connection diagrams for this and which microcontrollers will suitable for this type of purpose

Re: wav format player

Unencoded uncompressed .wav files are just a series of digitized audio levels. For playing them back, you need to know the sampling frequency of the audio stream (this should be in the file header).

The selection of DAC and micro-controller solely depends on the sampling frequency of the audio (while playing back you will have to use the same clock as the sampling frequency). If it is not sampled too fast you can go for a low end PIC micro-controller to do that. But then the question comes... Where are you getting the audio stream from? Do you have to read it of a drive or EPROM? In that case you will have to interface the PIC to read that as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back