Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a dynamic clamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukurigu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I need to design a dynamic clamp circuit for about 5V. I need it because there is an internal regulator with PMOS in my IC and when a big positive step appears on VDDext, VDDint jumps for a while and could destroy the core cells. I dont want to use static clamp because VDDint is also almost 5V and this could cause problems.

Look for TL431 datasheet in the web (TI or other manufacturer!), there are several useful hints for your problem like using shunt regulator to control voltage like a zener diode, for this u need a band gap reference a wideband comparator and a NMOS!

Maybe useful!

also u can use two stage regulator; one for input noise reduction (slow) and one for output regulation (fast).

BEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back